Dancing at The Brass Barre is a place where a lot of people come together to have a great time! We want to create a fun and safe atmosphere where everyone can be comfortable and enjoy themselves. To that end we have put together some general rules of etiquette below.
Arrive for class early:
· Arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of your class for registration, use the restroom and change into your workout attire.
· Latecomers - If you are 10 minutes late, you will not be allowed to participate, as it is dangerous to dance without adequate stretching. Please respect your Instructor and fellow classmates by arriving on time. You may observe the class make up your class some other time. There are no refunds for any latecomers.
· Warm ups are customised for each class, be sure make sure you are in the correct studio before you start!
· If you are dropping-in a class, please arrive early to register and make payment
. One pole per person (strictly no sharing). Walk-ins are subjected to availability of pole. Register online to book a pole in advanced here.
Photography & Videography:
· DO NOT film your instructors during the class without permission.
· You may post snippets of studio routines on any social media platform. Please cap the video to 60 seconds.
. Please respect your fellow classmates privacy. If there are people other than yourself in your photos or video, be sure to ask your fellow class mate if you can post any photos or videos of them on any digital platform.
. The use of tall / professional tripods are NOT allowed in the studio.
· Clean your station when you are done using the pole, mats and/or blocks. After an hour of intense pole dancing and stretching, it is considerate to wipe your pole and the floor around you (if you use chalk). We provide paper towels and bottles containing methylated sprits for your use.
· If you’re sick, please stay at home. Coughing and sneezing just leaves a nasty trail waiting to infect the rest of the class. If you insist on working out at the studio anyway, be respectful of others and be sure to properly sanitise the pole that you use — which you should always do, sniffles or not.
· Application of deodorant before class will be greatly appreciated by everyone in the same space.
· Observe cleanliness and keep the door closed at all times.
· Keep your valuables safe. You are responsible for your own belongings.
· Only an instructor, and not another student, can demonstrate Pole moves. Our instructors are trained professionals in dance/fitness, and it is important for everyone’s safety that this rule is respected.
· Students who appear intoxicated or under the influence may be asked to leave the studio without a refund.
· If you use chalk, please store your chalk in a large ziplock bag to minimise spillage. Please clean your station after use of the pole as chalk leaves residue on the poles and floor.
· DO NOT use iTac. It is not compatible with our brass poles. Thank you!
PREPARING FOR CLASS
Please make sure you do not put on moisturiser, tanning lotion or any oils prior to a class, as this will make the poles slippery. It also will leave them greasy & make them dangerous for other pole users. Be sure to arrive at least 10- 15min before the start of your class to register and to change into your workout attire.
If you are late to class for 10 minutes or more, you will not be allowed to participate & your spot may be given away. If this is the case, you will be able to watch the class and do a make up session on another day. There will be no refunds for missed lessons.
WHAT TO WEAR
Pole dance - Yoga or Brazilian shorts above the knees, tank top & face towel
Striptease - Tank top, shorts above the knees or leggings & face towel. Sexy is key! Bring an extra loose fitting top to remove in class just in case!
Splits & Backbends - Leggings, tank top that covers the torso & face towel. (This is a non air-conditioned class that involves partner stretching. For comfort and hygiene purposes, all participants is advised to adhere to the dress code.)
For all pole classes, shorts and tank tops are compulsory, as the gripping of your skin on the pole is an integral part of the art.
Pole classes require a good warm up and cool down so wear something comfy that allows you to move and stretch freely.
You may choose to dance barefoot, or wear exotic dancing shoes. No other shoes are allowed. Those sky-high heels you see our instructors wearing are pretty, but they can only be worn inside the studio. There is nothing grosser than a pair of clubbing heels with dirt, alcohol and other unthinkable liquids on those soles. Invest in a pair of exotic dancing shoes like Pleaser heels.
Please remove all rings, bangles, dangly earrings to avoid damaging the poles and yourselves.
Here are a few brands we love:
WHAT TO BRING
· It’s great for a bit of extra stick on your legs and body. Stay away from the extra moisturizing ones. Try out different brands to see what works best for your skin type. You can purchase shaving gel at any Watsons or Guardian store.
Grip aid for your hands
· If your hands keep slipping and you’re having trouble gripping the pole, a little drop of Dry Hands (available for purchase at reception) or Liquid Chalk works wonders.
· iTac is a balm that creates tackiness, and is incompatible with our brass poles; do NOT use it.
· If you use chalk, kindly keep it contained in a Ziplock bag to avoid spillage. To be considerate to the person using the pole after you, please clean up any spillage and residue after use of the pole.
· Bring two small towels – one for yourself, and the other to wipe any sweat or grip aid residue off the pole.
· Non-moisturising wet wipes will be handy to get rid of any grip aid on your hands and body.
· You’ll be glad you brought them when they save your knees from bruising, especially as you work on a routine that involves a lot of floorwork.
· Great to keep you warm during warm ups, and also very handy for floorwork.
MAKE-UP CLASSES & DROP-INS:
If you miss a lesson, not to worry! You can make-up your missed lessons with any class of your level or lower, and of the same value or lower.
. Missed lesson is Pre-Intermediate: You may make-up with Pre-Intermediate, Beginners, Striptease, or Splits & Backbends.
. Missed lesson is Striptease (Open): You may make-up with Striptease (Open) or Splits & Backbends
. Missed lesson is Splits & Backbends: You make make-up with Splits & Backbends or any other class that is $180 in value.
Missed lessons do not roll over to the next term. Unused lessons expire at the end of every Term. Please be aware that we do not offer transfers or refunds for your registered classes/courses once any payment is received. Please consider your courses carefully before booking.
. Choreography courses: To make-up all your lessons by week 7
. Tech courses: To make-up all your lessons by week 8
You may drop-in any class within the term as many times as you wish as long as there is capacity. You may attend any class that is your level or lower. Check here for class pre-requisites.
How to make-up or drop-in:
. You do not need to inform us in advanced. Head to the studio on the day of you make-up lesson and register your name on the waitlist at reception when you arrive.
· Kindly note that make-up lessons are an added value to give you flexibility. You are not guaranteed a space as all slots will be allocated based on first come first serve, so be sure to log your name!
· If the class has limited poles available, the instructor reserves the right to assign poles to the students accordingly.
. If the class is full, you may be asked to make up your class at another time. We apologise for the inconvenience, but it is very important that classes are not overcrowded.
· There are no make-up lessons for Drop-ins, Trial lessons or Workshops.
Priority of access to classes:
1. Students who have signed up for the scheduled class (1 to 1 pole)
2. Drop-in & Partners
3. Make-up students (2 to 1 pole)
4. Students who have signed up for all-you-can-pole package (2 to 1 pole)
· Arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of your class. Your class will start from the time of your booking and end on time, regardless if you are late for your session.
· Late cancellation - If you cancel your private lesson with less than 12 hours notice, the full payment for your scheduled private lesson will be charged and redeemed.
· All private packages are valid for 4 months from date of purchase.
· Trial classes are valid for new students and for 1 class only. Trial classes are neither refundable nor transferable for any 'no-shows' or 'latecomers'.
· Spaces are subject to availability, studio reserves the right to cancel classes in the event minimum number of students are not met. Up to 2 students per pole during full Trial classes.
. We do not allow entry to classes if you are 5 minutes late. Please factor in at least 10-15 minutes prior the start of your class to register and change into your workout attire.
· If you arrive late to your party, you will be missing out! We are unable to delay your party or add extra time. NO EXCEPTIONS. Factor in plenty of time to commute and park so you get the most out of your party. We want you to have a wonderful, positive experience so please show up on time. Calling to let us know you are running late does not change this policy. See above on what to wear for class.
COURSES & PROMOTIONS
· All promotions are not to be used in conjunction with any other promotion.
· We reserve the right to cancel or suspend classes, combine classes, change teachers, or limit enrolment. Classes will be cancelled if there is insufficient enrolment or if the designated teacher cannot be suitably replaced. We will make every effort to notify you of any cancellations as promptly as possible. Students may choose to change their class without any admin charge or convert to class credit that will be valid for 12 months from date of issue. There are no refunds for once you payment is made for a course. Please always refer to our online schedule for the most up-to-date schedule.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
· All Courses, Classes, Trials, Workshops, Hen's Parties & Deposits are final sale and non-refundable. You will receive class credit to be used for future courses.
· Class credit expires 12 months from date of purchase. Any remaining credit will be forfeited upon expiry.
· All Courses are valid for one term from date redeemed.
· The studio reserves the right to amend, add, delete terms and conditions here without prior notice.
Thank you for honouring our studio policy. Happy poling everyone!
Dated 5 August 2016